Get Rid of Dirt and Ash to Protect Your Home From Fire Hazard
At Chimney Genie, our highly skilled team is guaranteed to help you manage damages or issues with your chimney. Contact us today to restore your chimney to its best state and efficiency.
Professional Chimney Blockage Removal by Chimney Experts
Your chimney is extremely important when it comes to using your fireplace because it’s a way to let smoke and other byproducts out of the house. But when something is blocking your chimney, all the exhaust becomes trapped in your home – putting you and your family at risk of a chimney fire and poisoning from carbon monoxide and toxic fumes.
A blocked chimney can occur because of different reasons – trapped animals, soot buildup, trash, tree foliage, and other kinds of debris. One way to ensure that your chimney doesn’t get blocked is to have regular chimney cleaning schedules and chimney inspections by a professional chimney sweep like Chimney Genie.
At Chimney Genie, we want transparency with how our services work. We believe that customers must know all our procedures like tuckpointing and waterproofing, so don’t hesitate to ask us about things like how to maintain your chimney, when to call us for chimney blockage removal, and what we can do to repair chimney damages.
Call us now to experience quality chimney services in New York City.
What Makes Chimney Genie the Best
- Family-Run Business. We’re a family-based chimney sweep that has served thousands of customers in Long Island and the surrounding area for over 20 years now. You can trust us to provide you with services to fully improve your day-to-day life at home. With more and more customers trusting us over the years, we’ve established a good reputation and became one of the most reliable chimney service providers in the area.
- CSIA-Certified Specialists. Our team of experts still make use of time-tested techniques that gained us the trust of our loyal customers, but we also make the effort to keep up with the latest tools and technology to ensure that your chimneys are in tip top shape. Our lead technicians are certified by the CSIA and we’re always up to date with NFPA standards, as well as local and state codes.
- Quick Response to Emergencies. Chimney emergencies can happen at any time, so we make sure to respond to your calls within 90 minutes to evaluate the problem, assess the issues, explain what needs to be done, and perform repairs or other services as needed.
- All-in-One Chimney Services. Chimney Genie is a trusted North American chimney company in Long Island that offers a wide range of services, including roof leak repair, chimney leak repair, chimney liner installation, chimney inspection, blockage removal, and other chimney lane problems. We also offer products like new chimney liners, broiler chimneys, and chimney caps, among others.
Why You Need a Professional Chimney Company for Chimney Blockage Removal
Cleaning chimneys might sound like a simple task that you can accomplish with a few tools you have at home and some instructions from the internet. However, this kind of job is best left in the hands of a certified chimney sweep service provider for a more efficient chimney cleaning and chimney maintenance.
- They have years of training and experience to get the job done safely and efficiently without putting you and your family at risk.
- They have a complete set of tools needed for masonry chimney cleaning, air duct cleaning, and dryer vent cleaning.
- Aside from the blockage removal, they can also detect problems early on (like cracks in the brickwork or soot buildup along with the chimney flue liner) and perform necessary chimney repairs.
- Most homeowners need proof of chimney and fireplace maintenance from a CSIA certified chimney sweep when filing for an insurance claim.
5 Signs of a Blocked Chimney at Home
Chimney blockage may still happen even with regular chimney sweeping schedules. Here’s how you can know if your chimney is blocked by debris and other materials:
- There’s a smoky odor around the house when you’re burning wood in the fireplace.
- Some debris is sticking out of the firebox and into the fireplace.
- You notice a high volume of soot along the chimney wall or chimney lining.
- There are streaks of water or white residue on the flue wall.
- There’s an excessive amount of smoke escaping from the smoke chamber or chimney crown.
What Happens During Our Chimney Maintenance and Blockage Removal Service
- Step 1: Our chimney sweeper uses a video inspection system to check the state of your fireplace or chimney. This allows us to look for possible blockages that prevent your chimney from functioning properly.
- Step 2: After finding the blockage or the chimney problem, we’ll come up with a plan to remove the blockage. We always make sure to let our clients know about the process, so don’t hesitate to ask us anything.
- Step 3: We prepare to remove the blockage from your chimney using the specialized tools we brought with us. The time needed to complete this task depends on the kind of blockage your chimney has.
- Step 4: We inspect the now clean chimney for any damages that the blockage might have caused and do the needed repairs. We offer blockage removal and repair on different types of chimneys, such as brick and mortar chimneys or wood stove chimneys.
FAQs About Chimney Sweep Service and Blockage Removal
Q: How much do blockage removal and chimney cleaning cost?
A: This depends on how much work needs to be done, so it’s best to call a chimney sweep for a quote. When inquiring about blockage removal, masonry repair, or simple chimney cleaning, ask about what kind of service it involves.
Q: How do I know if the chimney sweep really cleaned my chimney?
A: A complete chimney sweeping should also include clearing out the smoke chamber and chimney flue. As for blockage removal, you might notice the efficient fire burning, as well as the lack of soot and smoky odor after the job is done. You can also see the daylight if you tilt a mirror up the flue, as long as the chimney has no bends and offset flue tiles.
Q: Should I get a chimney cap?
A: Yes, chimney caps help minimize the risk of blocked chimneys because they prevent debris from falling into the chimney and the animals from building a nest there.
Chimney Genie: Your Partner in Chimney Blockage Removal and More
Chimney Genie is a trusted chimney sweep based in the Long Island area. We offer a wide range of chimney services like blockage removal, masonry repair, fireplace installation, chimney waterproofing, and more.
If you need a professional team to take care of your blocked chimney, give us a call today.
We're Actively Doing Blockage Removal in the Following NEARBY Areas:
- Smithtown, NY
- Selden, NY
- Saint James, NY
- Northport, NY
- Nesconset, NY
- Melville, NY
- Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- Lake Grove, NY
- Islandia, NY
- Huntington, NY
- Hauppauge, NY
- Greenlawn, NY
- Farmingville, NY
- East Northport, NY
- Dix Hills, NY
- Coram, NY
- Commack, NY
- Centereach, NY
- West Sayville, NY
- West Islip, NY
- West Babylon, NY
- Ronkonkoma, NY
- North Babylon, NY
- Oakdale, NY
- Lindenhurst, NY
- Islip Terrace, NY
- Holtsville, NY
- Holbrook, NY
- East Patchogue, NY
- East Islip, NY
- Central Islip, NY
- Bohemia, NY
- Patchogue, NY
- Deer Park, NY
- Sayville, NY
- Bay Shore, NY
- King's Park, NY
- Islip, NY