Improve Your Chimney’s Structural Integrity With Masonry Repair by Chimney Genie
At Chimney Genie, our highly skilled team is guaranteed to help you manage damages or issues with your chimney. Contact us today to restore your chimney to its best state and efficiency.
Professional Brick Restoration and Masonry Services by Chimney Experts
Although an excellent chimney masonry job is made to withstand exposure to harsh weather conditions, the brick wall is still vulnerable to wear and tear after several years or decades. When you notice a broken brick or loose brick here and there, it’s best to check the surrounding brick for signs of brick deterioration.
Proper chimney maintenance is one of the best ways to ensure that the old brick wall won’t crack and crumble too easily. Make sure to call a professional chimney mason to identify and fix brick damage in your house before they become a complex problem and cause more damage.
At Chimney Genie, we strive for transparency and we want to give our clients to the services possible. Don’t hesitate to ask us about how to maintain your chimney’s old brickwork, when to call us for repair methods like brick replacement and tuckpointing, and what we can do to restore damaged brick structures.
Call us now to experience quality chimney service in New York City.
What Makes Chimney Genie the Best
- Family-Run Business. We’re a family-based chimney sweep that has served thousands of customers in Long Island and its surrounding areas for over 20 years now. You can trust us to provide services as if we’re working to improve our own homes. With more and more customers relying on our expertise over the years, we’ve built a good reputation based on referrals and the trust of our clients.
- CSIA-Certified Specialists. Our team has time-tested methods that gained us the trust of our loyal customers, but we still make the effort to keep up with the latest tools and technology to ensure that your chimneys are in their excellent shape. Our lead technicians are certified by the CSIA and we’re always up to date with NFPA standards, as well as local and state codes.
- Quick Response to Emergencies. Chimney emergencies can happen at any time, so we make sure to respond to your calls within 90 minutes to evaluate the problem, explain what needs to be done, and perform repairs or other services as needed.
- All-in-One Chimney Services. Chimney Genie is a trusted North American chimney company in Long Island that offers a wide range of services, including roof leak repair, chimney leak repair, chimney liner installation, chimney inspection, blockage removal, and other chimney lane problems. We also offer products like chimney liners, broiler chimneys, and chimney caps.
Why You Need a Professional Chimney Company for Brick Replacement and Foundation Repair
- They have years of training and experience to get the job done safely and efficiently without putting you and your family at risk.
- They have a complete set of tools needed for masonry chimney cleaning and brick replacement.
- Aside from repairing or replacing broken bricks, they can also detect other chimney problems early on and fix the issue immediately. It can be anything from blockage removal to fixing leaks along the chimney flue.
- Most homeowners need proof of chimney and fireplace maintenance from a CSIA-certified chimney sweep when filing for an insurance claim.
What Happens During Our Brick Repair Services
- Step 1: Our chimney technician uses a video inspection system to check the state of your chimney’s existing brick wall. This allows us to look for masonry problems like a crack on the brick surface, a missing old mortar joint, and other similar brick work concerns.
- Step 2: After finding the issue, we’ll come up with a plan to solve it. We might need to replace brick structures and apply new mortar on the brick surface. We always make sure to let our clients know about the process, so don’t hesitate to ask us anything.
- Step 3: We prepare for the replacement brick service using the specialized tools we brought with us. The time it takes to complete this task depends on how severe the brick problem is.
- Step 4: We inspect the new and solid brick wall for any damage we might have missed. Once everything looks good, we leave clients with a few tips on how to maintain their chimney and furnace to prevent similar problems in the future.
FAQs About Brick Repair and Masonry Work
Q: What does brick spalling mean?
A: This is a common chimney mason problem in which the brick surface breaks off from the chimney wall. They usually happen because of water damage – the water seeps into the brick and freezes inside its pores, causing the bricks to slowly break away. The best way to prevent this is to waterproof the exterior of the chimney.
Q: What is tuckpointing for?
A: Tuckpointing is the application of fresh mortar into the mortar joints to repair the recent damage and prevent further damage to the adjacent bricks. It’s the best solution for crumbling mortar joints in the chimney of an old house.
Q: Should I have a new flue liner installed?
A: Most old mason chimneys found in old houses have clay flue tiles that are prone to shifting and cracking after a long time. Installing a new flue liner minimizes the risk of chimney fires and poisoning from toxic fumes because it keeps the combustion byproducts from leaking into the house.
Chimney Genie: Your Partner in Brick Restoration, Concrete Repair, and More
Regular chimney inspections and maintenance are the keys to keeping the brick structure of your chimney in great shape. Our highly-trained technicians at Chimney Genie are here to help you with brick restoration and other chimney services you might need – from liner installation to blockage removals and more.
Call us now to book a consultation and know more about our services.
We're Actively Doing Brick Repair in the Following NEARBY Areas:
- Smithtown, NY
- Selden, NY
- Saint James, NY
- Northport, NY
- Nesconset, NY
- Melville, NY
- Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- Lake Grove, NY
- Islandia, NY
- Huntington, NY
- Hauppauge, NY
- Greenlawn, NY
- Farmingville, NY
- East Northport, NY
- Dix Hills, NY
- Coram, NY
- Commack, NY
- Centereach, NY
- West Sayville, NY
- West Islip, NY
- West Babylon, NY
- Ronkonkoma, NY
- North Babylon, NY
- Oakdale, NY
- Lindenhurst, NY
- Islip Terrace, NY
- Holtsville, NY
- Holbrook, NY
- East Patchogue, NY
- East Islip, NY
- Central Islip, NY
- Bohemia, NY
- Patchogue, NY
- Deer Park, NY
- Sayville, NY
- Bay Shore, NY
- King's Park, NY
- Islip, NY